What do you think two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Michael Ramirez is trying to say here?
The President is supposed to be in the driver’s seat, but unless big businesses get behind him instead of putting themselves first we are all in danger of crashing. A good cartoon, although the imagery used here seems naggingly familiar…
- 000157 answered: Corporations are given rights once reserved for humans. Obama timidly & politely tries to remind them it is not the case, but to no avail.
- formatandmedium reblogged this from agoodcartoon and added:
- formatandmedium answered: The President visits an all-too-typical editorial cartoon, asking an offensive and unwarranted metaphor to leave the panel. A good cartoon.
- handsomeanvil answered: American business wins both ways—they act oppressed while alone at the helm of political life. Obama is asking if those in the back can join
- jethroq reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- insufficientlyadvanced answered: Obama’s promises took back seat behind corporate interests, but US business’s attempt to co-opt civil liberties movement fell flat as usual.
- keshik reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- merlin-the-bruce answered: This cartoon says “My name is Michael Ramirez and I am as big a racist as I am a hack”“
- davidessman answered: ‘US businesses’ are being asked to move aside to make room for US corporations and their guy labeled cheap overseas laborr.
- softcoregamer reblogged this from agoodcartoon and added:
- yarrum answered: Obama moves to the front of the bus, representing sound energy policy. His progress so far will win support of US Businesses, .
- secotm answered: Obama is telling US Business to get to the back of the bus, where’s there’s more leg room. He just wants them to feel comfortable.
- brad-t likes this
- ponyplush answered: Oh! That US Business is discriminated against because of its gender and skin ton.
- gnome7 answered: Ramirez portrays one of the most powerful groups in the world as downtrodden victims of social inequality and segregation. An irredeemable ca
- panictherat answered: He’s saying, “Boooooy, boooooy for sale, only seven guineaeeeeeeeas!”
- vincentvangodot answered: Michael Ramirez is a racist. A good cartoon.
- agoodcartoon posted this